LEICA SL2-S REPORTER MIRRORLESS CAMERA SUMMARY
Based on the popular standard edition is the newly designed Leica SL2-S Reporter Mirrorless Camera. While all of the technical features are identical to the SL2-S, this reporter edition features an updated style, designed to protect the body, offer improved grip and deliver a more discreet camera design.
The matte green finish and deleted logo from the front of the camera make for unobtrusive styling, allowing you to concentrate on documenting the story through high quality stills and video. The body withstands extreme temperatures and repels dust and water, while the use of synthetic Aramid fibres provide an extremely robust finish, typically reserved for the aerospace industry. The tightly woven synthetic fibres are virtually impossible to separate due to being so tightly woven, and also offer improved grip on the SL2-S body. The Reporter edition is also extremely scratch and fingerprint resistant, setting a new standard for Leica camera durability.
Choose from a large range of L mount lenses including Leica SL, Panasonic and Sigma to capture your story, or you can adapt M lenses and S lenses with the appropriate lens adapter.
KEY LEICA SL2-S REPORTER FEATURES
- Discreet and unobtrusive styling, which aligns with the concept of the M10-P and Q2 Reporter
- Special armouring made of an Aramid fibre, which gives a rhombuses texture and improved grip
- No Leica logo on the front
- Matte green finish
- Extremely scratch and fingerprint resistant design
- All technical features and performance identical to the SL2-S camera
- Made in Germany
LEICA SL2-S REPORTER CAMERA IN MORE DETAIL
HIGHLIGHT CAMERA FEATURES
- 24MP back-side illuminated full-frame CMOS sensor
- 25fps electronic shutter and 9fps mechanical shutter with 4GB buffer (999 shots)
- Shoot in virtual darkness at up to ISO 100,000
- 96MP Multi-shot high resolution images
- Record video in 4K at 30p 10bit 4:2:2 / C4k at 30p 10bit 4:2:2 (internal) and 4K at 60p 10bit 4:2:2 / C4k at 60p 10bit 4:2:2 via external video recorder using Type A HDMI 2.0
- 5-axis in-body image stabilisation
- Dual high speed UHS-II SD memory card slots
24MP CMOS-BSI SENSOR
Leica’s latest generation Backside Illumination full-frame sensor captures 24 Megapixel and produces excellent images in virtually any lighting conditions. Shoot even in low light, with a wide dynamic range, 14 bit per RGB channel colour depth and a up to ISO 100,000 sensitivity.
HIGH-SPEED MAESTRO III PROCESSOR
The SL2S Reporter features a large 4 GB memory to buffer images, which is ideal for high speed shooting. Up to 25 DNG images per second can be captured, as well as virtually infinite image series in JPEG format, limited only by your memory cards.
SENSOR-SHIFT IBIS TECHNOLOGY
A highly efficient multi-axis image stabilisation system compensates against camera shakes and even provides image stabilisation for lenses which are not equipped with optical stabilisation.
INTUITIVE CONTROL AND ERGONOMICS
The intuitive user interface features separate photo and video sections is based on feedback from customers and professional photographers and designed in such a way as to allow you to focus entirely on telling the story.
PROFESSIONAL FILM CAPABILITIES
The Leica SL2-S Reporter captures 4K and Cine4K 10-bit 4:2:2 videos using Leica’s L-LOG gamma profile at up to 60fps. You can also maintain full control while recording by loading integrated viewing LUTs to preview the final result. The camera offers an unlimited recording time for video, limited only by the internal or external memory, perfect for long form content creation.
FUTURE-PROOF 4K WITH HEVC
The Leica SL2-S Reporter supports highly efficient HEVC video compression standard for 10-bit recordings up to 4K/60p (h.265). Videos can also be split into one-minute segments to minimise the risk of data loss. Other features include automatic Follow Focus, an integrated waveform monitor, Colour-Bar, Timecode Input and Tally Mode, which further enhance the camera for professional users.
FAST AND RELIABLE FOCUSSING WITH LEICA OBJECT DETECTION AF
Leica’s Object Detection AF delivers fast and reliable AF with face recognition and high-performance AF automatically detects whether a subject is stationary or in motion, switching between motion and focus priority.
UP TO 96 MEGAPIXEL MULTI-SHOT MODE
The SL2S reporter edition harnesses sensor shift technology to record up to eight frames in half-pixel increments, when mounted on a tripod. This feature brings unparalleled detail to your photography in images with an incredible 96 megapixels.
Learn more about specific features in our Leica SL2-S Camera Review.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- Leica SL2-S Reporter full-frame mirrorless camera body only
- Carrying strap
- Bayonet cover
- Charger and Cables
- Quick start guide
- Leica Handgrip HG-SCL6
- Remote Release Cable RC-SCL6
- BP-SCL4 Battery
- Leica M to L lens adapter
- Leica S lens to L adapter
- Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB SDHC Card UHS-II
- L Mount series lenses