LEICA M6 FILM CAMERA BODY BLACK PAINT SUMMARY
It’s been some time since Leica launched a new film camera, which arrives in 2022 as the reinvention of the most popular analogue rangefinder system camera (35 mm) ever made. The Leica M6 Film Camera Body in Matte Black Paint is the quintessential photography tool for discerning image makers, crafted from durable, premium materials and upgraded electronic components.
Leica’s M6 design includes a solid brass top cap and bottom plate, scratch resistant matte black paint and new embossed ‘Made In Germany’ leatherette. This design is based on previous generation M6 cameras and even includes a new ISO dial, styled like the original.
The camera body is compact, intuitive to use and discreet, perfect to capture the action and tell genuine stories with emotion. Journalists have been using an M6 made from 1984 to 2002 and now have an upgraded model to capture unique images with.
KEY LEICA M6 FEATURES
- 2022 reinvention of the original Leica M6
- Reliable high precision mechanics
- Improved film Rangefinder
- Manual with quick wind lever or LEICAVIT M, motorized with LEICA MOTOR-M, LEICA WINDER-M, LEICA WINDER (35mm analogue film)
- Frame counter on top of the camera body
- Large, bright-line rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation
- Solid brass body components including top cap and bottom plate
- Scratch resistant matte black paint finish
- Embossed black leatherette
- ISO dial styled like the original
- Upgraded electronic components
- Original M6 styled packaging
- Made in Germany
LEICA M6 FILM CAMERA BODY IN MORE DETAIL
The horizontal and vertical difference between viewfinder and lens is compensated automatically in line with the relevant focus setting. Congruence of viewfinder and actual image. The size of the bright-line frame matches the distance:
- at 2 m: the exact sensor size of approx. 23.9 x 35.8 mm
- at infinity: (depending on focal length) approx. 7.3% (28 mm) to 18% (135 mm)
- less than 2 m: less than film size
x0.73 (all M mount rangefinder lenses)
Split and superimposed image rangefinder shown as a bright field in the centre of the viewfinder image.
Focal plane shutter with rubber liner, mechanically controlled. Mechanical shutter 1 s – 1⁄1000 s Flash Synch: up to 1⁄50 s.
Two-stage: Power up (activation of exposure meter) – Release. Integrated standard cable release thread.
TTL (exposure metering through the lens), with working aperture.
FILM SPEED RANGE
Manual setting from ISO 6/9° to ISO 6400/39°.
The light reflected by a metering spot in the centre of the first shutter curtain is metered. The metering spot has a diameter of 12mm and therefore corresponds to approx. 13% of the full negative format or around 2/3 of the short side of the corresponding frame in the viewfinder.
EXPOSURE CONTROL MODE
Manual shutter speed and aperture setting, adjustment using LED light balance.
Manual focusing with working range 70 cm to ∞
LEICA M-SYSTEM LENSES
Any investment into the Leica M system opens up endless creative opportunities through amazing M lenses, which are designed to the same exacting standards as Leica cameras. You can choose from dozens of models, which offer unique qualities whether you’re buying used Leica lenses or brand new high-performance options.
The majority are extremely compact, fast and robust, keeping the rangefinder system compact and discreet, while delivering impeccable image quality, with Leica’s distinctive style. Leica lenses require skilled and talented craftspeople during the construction process, which contributes to the overall user experience.
See more sample photos and read more about news about the Leica M6 camera release.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- Leica M6 Film Camera Body
- Leather carrying strap
- Warranty Card