- 30.4 map CMOS full-frame sensor
- DIGIC 6+ image Processor
- 4K video up to 30p
- 4K frame grab producing 8.8 map still images
- Continuous shooting of 7fps
- ISO sensitivity ranging from 100-32,000
- 61-point AF (41 cross-type)
- Dual-pixel CMOS AF
- 3.2-inch touchscreen Clear View LCD II with 1,620k dots
- Optical viewfinder with approximately 100% coverage
- Built-in Wi-Fi, GPS and NFC
- Ability to upload to FTP directly via Wi-Fi
- USB 3.0 port for fast tethered file transfer
Compatible lenses for Canon 5D Mark IV (Canon EF-mount, excluding EF-S/EF-M)
CANON 5D MARK IV FEATURES IN DETAIL
The Canon 5D Mark IV sensor is an all new in the form of full-frame CMOS capable of producing 30.4 Megapixel images. A significant upgrade on the Canon 5D Mark III and its previous versions.
Thanks to the nature of full-frame sensors its output will be very sharp, noise will be lower in low-light conditions (helped by an increased ISO range) and there will be a great amount of detail in each shot.
Whilst lenses and sensors are the camera’s eyes, the DIGIC 6+ processor, as found in the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, can be likened to the brain.
The better and more powerful the processor, then the better image quality a camera can produce – as it is capable of processing more information before it is written to the memory card (in this case either an SD card or Compact Flash card).
A processor is also responsible for assisting in continuous mode, the more powerful it is then the more images it can buffer and write to memory. In this case, the 5D Mark IV burst mode can capture 7 frames per second (7fps) – another increase on the older 5D models.